Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday and Snow

Bret had a birthday on Saturday. We held a little surprise party for him with our family. I tried to do something special for him since it was his 40th. I did a pretty good job keeping it a secret until the very end. I hadn't finished working out how to have him away from the house so the guests could arrive. He decided to go out and work in the front yard about the time people started arriving. We had a nice dinner and then he opened gifts. My brother, Jake, asked to go first since his gift was ALIVE! No he hadn't checked with me to see if I was ok with raising chickens. Bret had mentioned a few times that he'd like chickens and every time he brought it up I said absolutely not! We're now the proud parents of 6 baby chicks.


Anna drew a picture for the chicks to look at.

The kids love these baby chicks.


Anna and Andrew decided to make a snowman today. It was so cute, but melted within hours. Tomorrow it's going to be in the 60's so I imagine that will be the end of frosty.

2 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Happy Birthday Brett!

Edie said...

Well, I hope you don't hate us too much for the chicks. I really did expect to take them home with us after the party, but I'm glad to see that your kids are enjoying them. But if you do get sick of them, there's always room in our coop :)