Saturday, June 13, 2009

Participating in the Pandemic


Yep - I got it. You may hear oinking if you come to our home this week! So far I'm the only one sick, but I imagine it's only a matter of time until the kids get H1N1 influenza. Now doesn't that sound better than Swine Flu? The doctor told me it's everywhere now. Since I don't know anyone else that has had it, I'm blaming it on work. My guess is I got it from a customer at the pharmacy. In case you are wondering about the symptoms - for me it started out with difficulty breathing. I had about 3 days of feeling like there was a stitch in my lungs and I just couldn't get a good breath. Yesterday I started getting achy and a mild cough. By this morning I had a high fever, achy muscles, very tired and still having a hard time breathing. The doctor put me on the same breathing treatments we do for Andrew when he gets wheezy - Albuterol. It really helped. I guess I just get to lie around the house for a while and try not to infect everyone else around me.

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I am so sorry.....hope you get better soon! And that you don't get anyone else sick.

Englebright said...

aw, Jod, I'm so sorry! That is the worst! Dang germ infested pharmacy!!!

Emily said...

Oh, Jody!! I hope you get feeling better soon!