Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baptism

I know it's been forever since I wrote. I've been struggling with trying to decide whether to make my blog private or not. I decided not to add anything new to my blog until I knew what I wanted to do. I am going to make my blog private, so just send me an e-mail if you want me to add you to the list. I'll be keying in all the addresses from our lists, so if you've emailed me recently, you'll be on the "approved" list. I'm just a little uncomfortable with how much information is so readily available to anyone in the world.

On to happier topics. We have another 8 year old at the Hicken house! Addison turned 8 last month, but with conference, his baptism was scheduled for the second Saturday in April. We had planned a vacation to Durango for spring break, but Bret injured his ankle pretty severely and we decided hiking at Mesa Verde wasn't a great idea when he was having a hard time walking. Once we canceled the trip, we decided to go ahead with the stake baptism day. The stake primary presidency planned and did the entire first half of the baptism and then let us go by wards to the font. There was one other girl from a different ward getting baptized, and then Addison and his friend Sammie from our ward. Here are a few pictures from the baptism and Easter. We had a great weekend.




Addison with our Bishop and his first counselor.

My sister-in-law, Melissa, took some great pictures of Addison. She put a few on her blog if you want to check them out.

I think I'll do Easter pictures in a separate post. It's time to go and get the kids from school.

3 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

I can't believe he is that old! That just doesn't seem right.

Congrats to Addison!

Add me to your list, I will email you my gmail account.

MG said...

Jody add me to your blog list.. My email is pgatzen@yahoo.com Melissa Gates

Mary said...

I'm so sorry we couldn't make it to the baptism! I really wanted to.


Thanks for the email.